Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 01227 639768
Tel: 01227 639768
Digital Communications Officer
Location: London (Hybrid)
Salary expectation: £25,650 to £31,050
Application deadline: Sun 22nd May
This is a part-time role
Safer London is a leading charity working with young Londoners and their families affected by violence and exploitation. We believe that all young Londoners can have a positive and productive future.
Whatever their history, when a child or young person comes to Safer London, they are just that – a child or a young person. By working alongside young Londoners, their families and peers, as well as the places where they spend their time, we can create a safe London not just for them – but everyone.
About the role
We are looking for a motivated, driven Digital Communications Officer to join our amazing team. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to play an integral role in developing and shaping Safer London’s digital communications offer.
Core responsibilities of the role are, but not limited to:
- Manage Safer London’s social media platforms, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube, and lead on the exploration of the expansion of our social media platform portfolio
- Generate bold, creative, share-worthy content that develops the Safer London brand that reflects our values and connects with our audiences
- Analyse ongoing results to identify trends and insights and produce reports to share with the wider team which provides reflections on goals and learning
- Continually survey the social media landscape to spot and analyse trends, the latest digital developments, new measurement tools and opportunities to grow and connect to audiences
- Be responsible for the development and ongoing maintenance of a digital communication content calendar, which takes into consideration Safer London’s internal activity/projects and external activities such as awareness days/weeks/months
- Maintain a solid understanding of the changing needs of our social audiences and the channels they use, plan and schedule organic social campaigns
- Manage dialogue with Safer London’s social media communities by responding to and driving conversations, as well as play an active role in preparing for, and responding to, issues affecting brand perception and reputation
- Maintain and develop Safer London’s website, producing and developing blogs and website content, and monitoring the effectiveness of the user experience via Google Analytics and other reporting tools
- Support the production of Safer London’s internal and external newsletters, producing content and key messages to keep core audiences engaged with Safer London and monitor the impact using Mailchimp analytics and other reporting tools
- Any other task commensurate with the level of the role as required.
If you are ambitious Digital Communications Officer with a passion for telling stories, then please apply.
We are committed to protecting and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect anyone who works and volunteers with us to share this commitment.
We request a basic DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) check as part of the recruitment process as part of the recruitment process.
At Safer London we value diversity and we’re committed to creating an inclusive culture. We encourage and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. We know that in order to make London a safer place for the young people that live here, we need a diverse range of perspectives, experience, and knowledge.
Our Benefits Package
- Pension Scheme
- Season Ticket Loans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Mental Health Free Helpline
- Death in Service Benefit
- Holiday Allowance – You will be entitled to 28 days holiday plus bank holidays and other statutory holidays, part time employees receive a pro-rata entitlement
- Annual leave linked to length of service – 3 years’ service 30 days and 5 years’ service 33 days, part time employees receive a pro-rata entitlement.
Deadline: Sun 22nd May