Email: email@example.com | Tel: 01227 781205
Tel: 01227 781205
External Affairs Officer
Location: London NW1 4DF
Application deadline: As soon as possible
This is a full-time role
Brand new opportunity
Which? is currently undergoing a period of major transformational change. We are one year into our ambitious five year strategy to double our impact for consumers. It’s an exciting time to join Which? as we believe that people are vital to achieving our strategy and our External Affairs team is at the heart of making a difference.
Are you driven and passionate about achieving positive change? Are you a self-starter who excels and delivers within a fast paced varied environment? Then we want to hear from you!
We have an opportunity for an engaged and driven individual who is passionate about securing change to join our growing external affairs team.
As an External Affairs Officer you will use your excellent communication and influencing skills to deliver effective engagement, build strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders and identify new opportunities to expand Which?’s reach externally.
You will use your excellent organisational skills to prepare and send out Which?’s magazine articles on a monthly basis to relevant stakeholders and log and manage all follow up correspondence.
The External Affairs Officer will report into the External Affairs Manager and be supported to grow and develop within the role. Dependent on experience and performance, there are opportunities for progression.
What is on offer?
A supportive team structure, the tools to grow and develop and you can work every day knowing that you’re playing your part in making consumers as powerful as the organisations they deal with.
We really believe in getting the best out of our people, from giving you a grounding in key stakeholder engagement and communications skills, to our newly refurbished office. It is a great modern working environment, which is relaxed and friendly (including fresh fruit, subsidised canteen, great facilities for cyclists and lunchtime runners, and 2 free healthy lunches or breakfasts a week).
There are excellent benefits including 28 days annual leave, private healthcare, and an award winning pension scheme (and the usual…flexible working, Cycle to Work, season ticket loan scheme, childcare vouchers, etc.) We even have a private roof terrace and a section of Regent’s Park which is handy for hot summers and team building events!
What will you do?
- As part of an energetic and committed team, you’ll have the opportunity to deliver effective external affairs engagement with a wide range of audiences including businesses, regulators, third sector organisations and political stakeholders.
- You will help facilitate and support external engagement across the organisation, working on specific projects and overseeing the process of sending out monthly magazine articles to relevant stakeholders.
- You will be responsible for maintaining and delivering external engagement across a range of Which?’s key market areas; ranging across areas such as rail, higher education, financial services, energy and more.
- You will be responsible for updating our stakeholder database, keeping it up-to-date, and encouraging use across the organisation.
- You will strengthen Which?’s relationships with key stakeholders and deliver Which?’s messages to external audiences.
- You will also proactively provide external intelligence for Which?, feeding back key insights to help shape our overall communications strategy and brief colleagues across the organisation on the external landscape.
- You’ll need to identify and develop new relationships with key influencers & stakeholders, to increase awareness and understanding of Which?, gather intelligence, influence and secure change and help shape external agendas.
- You will also have the opportunity to project manage the delivery of key parts of our engagement program including political monitoring, relationship management development and engagement reporting.
- Undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities, as business requires.
Furthermore, you’ll work with other teams across Which?, including our Research and Investigations, Campaigns, Policy, Press and Communications teams to help realise your ideas.
This is an opportunity like no other! We give our External Affairs Officers the opportunity to grow and develop their skills and experience in a supportive, happy environment. In return you can make a difference to the lives of millions of people by bringing about significant change for consumers.
What we need from you:
- Excellent organisational, planning and communication skills.
- Excellent relationship management and contact building skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and written skills.
- Strong work ethic, going above and beyond where required.
- Ability to learn new subject areas quickly and undertake work outside of immediate expertise with confidence.
- Ability to work under pressure to short deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
Ideally you will have:
Direct experience of managing stakeholders and delivering competing priorities to tight deadlines.
Experience transforming detailed policy into messaging suitable for external environments, with strong judgement on identifying potential conflict and opportunities.
Strong understanding of navigating levers for change; including political/parliamentary processes, regulatory environments and government processes.
Subject knowledge is not essential, you will be supported to learn this on the job, but experience/understanding of one or more consumer markets will aid you in the role and application process.
To apply for this brand new exciting opportunity, attach your CV and a short covering letter outlining why this would be a good fit.
At Which? we value diversity and we’re committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that a diverse workforce helps us to understand and effectively tackle consumer detriment.
Deadline: As soon as possible