Email: email@example.com | Tel: 01227 639768
Tel: 01227 639768
Head of Campaigns & Organising
Location: UK (Belfast, Cardiff, Edinburgh, London or Manchester) - Hybrid or Remote
Salary expectation: £46,750 to £55,000
Application deadline: Sat 21st May
This is a full-time role
UK (Belfast, Cardiff, Edinburgh, London or Manchester) – Hybrid or Remote
The job of a Save the Children UK’s Head of Campaigns & Organising is varied and collaborative.
- Do you have significant operational experience of leading impactful political change campaigns?
- Do you have a great understanding of role of campaigning and organising in helping to shift the power to others to create change
- Are you motivated by our vision of creating a world where every child doesn’t just survive, but thrives, and can go on to change the world?
If the answers to these questions are yes, we would love to hear from you!
To avoid disappointment, you are advised to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a high volume of applications are received. This is to ensure that we can manage application levels whilst maintaining a positive candidate experience. Unfortunately once avacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications.
Save the Children UK believes every child deserves a future. In the UK and around the world, we work every day to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. When crisis strikes, and children are most vulnerable, we are always among the first to respond and the last to leave. We ensure children’s unique needs are met and their voices are heard. We deliver lasting results for millions of children, including those hardest to reach.
Reporting directly to the Director of Campaigns and Organising, you will be responsible for managing and leading our work to build the power of others to lead and deliver campaigns that create change for children.
You will lead the Campaigns and Organising team and be accountable for the effective delivery of our campaigning approach to help us win change.
You will also be expected to equip others with the tools, knowledge, and approach to be effective changemakers, working closely with colleagues who lead our multi-disciplinary teams to ensure that we are running ambitious and impactful political, attitude and policy change campaigns.
This role works closely with others in the Politics, Participation and Campaigns department to ensure we are delivering political change for children.
As a rights-based organisation, we are committed to anti-racism and actively opposed systemic oppression of any form. The role holder will also support our commitment to celebrate diversity, challenge inequality, and build an inclusive environment for every one of our employees so we can better represent the children we protect.
The Head of Campaigns & Organising’s key duties will be to:
- To drive forward Save the Children’s campaign and organising work by leading the development and delivery of our strategic approach, which will help us to build the power of others to lead and deliver campaigns in their communities
- To oversee the effective delivery of campaign aims and objectives by members of the team, working to ensure that our multi-disciplinary teams are resourced effectively, and encouraged to innovate and try new campaign approaches.
- To be responsible for the achievement and reporting on of team and divisional KPIs
- Build, coach and lead a high-performing team providing excellent support and development to direct reports. Setting an ambitious, politically inquisitive but caring team culture
- To lead on managing relationships with a range of external partnerships with other campaigning organisations, including proactively seeking out and building partnerships with other external organisations and overseeing the effective delivery of them to ensure impact for children.
- To equip and support colleagues across the team, department and organisation with the tools, knowledge, and expertise they need to effectively achieve our campaign and organising objectives
- Work closely with colleagues in Fundraising and Marketing to ensure our campaigning priorities are effectively reflected as part of our wider offer to supporters
- Representing Save the Children UK externally, both within the wider Save the Children movement and beyond, to effectively share and help build the capacity of others to win change
- Maintain a strategic overview of key trends and developments in campaigns and organising, to inform and shape our work
- Contribute to the development of the overall PAC strategy to help to build power of communities and supporters to achieve change for children
- Maintain strong relationships across Save the Children, including with our media, fundraising, advocacy and policy teams as well as key country and regional teams to support the delivery of activities supportive of Save the Children’s aims
- Support Save the Children UK’s corporate objectives, including brand building and fundraising
- Manage the Campaigns and Organising budget
- Work collaboratively and constructively as part of the divisional Senior Management Team to meet organisational objectives
- Deputise as necessary for the Director of Politics, Participation and Campaigns
Deadline: Sat 21st May