Email: email@example.com | Tel: 01227 639768
Tel: 01227 639768
Head of Marketing & Supporter Engagement
Location: Folkestone, Kent
Salary expectation: £52,000 to £56,000
Application deadline: Sat 29th January
This is a full-time role
Head of Marketing & Supporter Engagement
Our modern culture has never been more connected, but it is a disturbing fact that many people in the developing world continue to be isolated from the physical and spiritual help they so desperately need. For remote communities impoverished by formidable physical barriers, the service MAF provides with their fleet of over 135 light aircraft is invaluable. We enable patients, relief workers, produce, medical supplies and Christian workers to be safely transported over mountains, forests, rivers, deserts and impassable roads, bringing transformational help and hope to places where flying is not a luxury – it is a lifeline.
Mission Aviation Fellowship (MAF) is a Christian, not-for-profit charity who fly light aircraft in developing countries to transform the lives of the world’s most isolated people in need.
With the needs of isolated people being greater than ever, we want to grow our supporter base and income to meet the increasing demand for our services worldwide.
As a result, we are seeking a Head of Marketing and Supporter Engagement to oversee our marketing and engagement teams and to lead strategy development to raise the profile of MAF within Churches, Christian and other relevant supporter target areas in the UK.
This role sits on the Senior Leadership Team and will specifically focus on increasing our digital profile and achieving generational growth in terms of supporters and donors.
This is a strategic time to join MAF UK as we commence implementing our new strategic plan. We have an experienced and determined team intent on lifting more isolated people from poverty. We are seeking transformational growth in income.
You will be responsible for:
- The development and delivery of the marketing, engagement, and acquisition strategies.
- Using a matrix team approach, work closely with other departments to ensure delivery of a fast moving, joined-up approach to delivering successful, agile, and relevant campaigns and resources.
Outworking new and innovative practices that increase the acquisition of new supporters, donors, prayer partners and mission staff to serve overseas.
- Leading, managing and coaching direct reports to ensure they are supported, engaged and delivering against strategies and targets. You will be responsible for the following teams:
- Marketing & Acquisition
- MAF in the Community
- MAF Scotland
- Managing budgets, forecasting and following financial procedures.
- The full job description can be found here.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will have the skills to deliver our new organisation strategy, develop supporting strategies for areas of responsibility, harness and grow the expertise of the existing teams and explore fresh and innovative approaches.
You will possess strong relational and communication skills and have a proven track record of successfully leading teams to build organisational profile, acquire new supporters and increase income.
Educated to degree or equivalent standard, along with a post graduate management qualification or training is essential. Associate/Member of the Institute of Fundraising or other relevant body is desirable.
Proven experience as a senior manager across marketing and/or acquisition arenas, along with building marketing strategy that impacts awareness and pipeline growth.
There is an occupational requirement for the job holder of this position to be a committed Christian.
The full job description can be found here.
Terms of Appointment
- Salary Range £52,000 -£56,000 per annum commensurate with experience
- Non-contributory pension scheme for staff of 10% of salary on joining.
- Paid annual leave entitlement of 33 days which includes public holidays and days between Christmas and New Year when the office is closed.
- Applicants must be UK citizens or hold a valid work permit for the UK
Deadline: Sat 29th January