Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 01227 639768
Tel: 01227 639768
Head of Public Affairs and Communication
Location: Cardiff, Wales
Salary expectation: £38,890 to £41,881
Application deadline: Mon 6th December
This is a full-time role
Welsh Women’s Aid is the national umbrella organisation in Wales for third sector specialist services working to end domestic abuse, sexual violence and other forms of violence against women.
We have an exciting opportunity for an exceptional woman to join us and lead our Public Affairs and Communication team. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrable their commitment to Welsh Women’s Aid’s ethos and values, and be passionate about ending domestic abuse and all forms of violence against women.
As Head of Public Affairs and Communications you will be a leader with the ability to develop, motivate and manage a high performing team, build strong relationships, and have proven strategic and operational management experience. You will oversee all areas of public affairs, communications, policy, research and prevention, and hold responsibility for their strategic direction, ensuring the needs of survivors of violence against women are represented to policy makers and influencers.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in public affairs at a senior level
- Thorough understanding of Welsh Government, Westminster, Senedd Cymru, Whitehall and local government mechanisms
- Excellent campaigning and influencing skills achieve objectives and maintain good working relationships.
- Experience of survivor or stakeholder engagement
- Must be adaptable, solution-focussed with a proactive and positive approach.
Deadline: Mon 6th December