Email: email@example.com | Tel: 01227 639768
Tel: 01227 639768
Junior Communications Officer
Salary expectation: £23,577
Application deadline: Mon 6th June
This is a full-time role
You will be joining our fantastic Communications Team who keeps the charity thriving by promoting Women’s Aid’s messaging and mission to inform women how to get support, educate the public, influence decision-makers and bring about a world in which women and children are safe.
This post holder for this role will work across the whole Communication Team, providing administrative and operational support.
We’re looking for someone with great people skills, as well as drive, initiative and determination. You’ll be diligent with details and accuracy, and have a dynamic approach to your work. You will be a natural problem solver, always looking to improve upon current processes to improve upon efficiency.
The post holder will develop and maintain both internal and external contacts and will need a thorough understanding of Women’s Aid’s work.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- To monitor the Press inbox and messages to the wider Communications Team, triaging requests for Media colleagues and taking responsibility for responding to certain internal and external stakeholder groups, maintaining a professional approach at all times.
- Support the team with data processing and filing of content such as domestic abuse survivors’ stories.
- To handle logistics around diary coordination across the team and throughout the organisation.
- To provide additional support at peak times of year such as our Winter Conference and International Women’s Day.
- To assist with the organisation of events as required.
2. Information management
- To collate departmental performance data for communications activities and campaigns.
- To assist with the administration of communications activities such as digital mailings and event administration when required.
- To carry out a range of information gathering activities as required, including online research.
- Ensure that data processing is in accordance with GDPR compliance.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Communications Assistant
- Experience of building and maintaining strong relationships.
- Experience of working within a team and individually to achieve success.
- Experience of external stakeholder management.
- Experience working in a charity environment.
- Experience of working in a communications or press office.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent computer skills and experience using a wide range of computer packages, including Microsoft packages.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to liaise with people at all levels, on the telephone, face-to-face and in writing.
- Ability to carry out thorough research to keep up-to-date with communications opportunities.
- Demonstrable initiative and determination.
- Excellent attention to detail and accurate record keeping.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage a busy workload.
- Ability to manage up, effectively.
- Knowledge and understanding of Feminism.
- Understanding of domestic abuse and the issues relating including the impacts on women and children.
- Understanding of the role of Women’s Aid.
- Knowledge and understanding of GDPR and compliance.
- Able to demonstrate a commitment and sensitivity of the aims and objectives of Women’s Aid;
- Commitment to anti-racism and anti-discriminatory practice and equal opportunities.
- Willingness to travel and work occasional unsocial hours as required.
- To be flexible within the broad remit of the post.
Deadline: Mon 6th June