Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 07726 562716
Tel: 07726 562716
Location: London (Greater)
Salary expectation: £28,000 to £30,000
Application deadline: Wed 22nd August
This is a full-time role
The post holder will work with the Head of Marketing & Outreach to promote the charity’s mission and its services primarily by managing City Gateway’s digital marketing and social media, implementing recent City Gateway’ rebranding and managing marketing recruitment campaigns.
This is a broad marketing communications role for an entrepreneurial self-starter, with digital marketing experience, who is keen to make their mark on an evolving charity with a fantastic mission. This is a pivotal role working within a busy marketing department. You must be a dynamic, strategic thinker with the ability to drive projects forward and apply an evidence-based marketing approach to an unstructured environment.
Duties and responsibilities
- Be responsible for the management of City Gateway’s website and its ongoing development ensuring that it is fully optimised to generate leads for YP and women’s programmes and showcase City Gateway, its mission and services.
- Lead search engine management activity including SEO and PPC campaigns either directly or via management of a digital agency.
- Review Google Analytics regularly and make recommendations to optimise the user journey and experience
- Keep abreast of the latest digital marketing trends and techniques, liaising with similar charities and other organisations for best practice
- Contribute to developing the overall marketing strategy for the marketing team which includes both marketing and outreach (the direct recruitment of students to City Gateway’s programmes)
- Lead the creation of a social media strategy and implementation through an annual calendar to increase visibility and engagement with City Gateway’s audiences
- Assist the Head of Marketing to implement the Marketing Strategy and subsequent annual plans, taking ownership of digital and media output and promotional activity.
- Become an expert in City Gateway’s delivery model, understanding all the options available to service users whilst recognising opportunities for further development
- Manage the marketing operations calendar ensuring that collateral is produced on brand and in a timely fashion.
- Project managing marketing projects as required eg. Website development, campaigns
Content creation and communications
- Creating a suite of case studies, news stories, videos and other collateral to showcase the impact of City Gateway on its learners.
- Update Jostle from time to time with internal communications messages
- Be a brand guardian for the Charity, ensuring best practice and consistency throughout our public profile.
- Work with the wider Development team, specifically outreach, to develop a consistent brand presence at relevant community and industry events to raise the profile of City Gateway and attract referral partners and young people into City Gateway’s services
- Develop and implement innovative and measurable marketing acquisition campaigns to support the work of outreach to recruit students to City Gateway programmes
- Develop end-to-end understanding of the recruitment cycle and coordinate marketing initiatives internally to ensure adequate retention through the probation period
- Keep abreast with and apply learnings from research and data on our target population within our marketing activity to ensure we are connecting with our target audience
- Produce regular KPIs on the effectiveness of marketing including social media and website activity and take action as required.
- Manage relationships with digital and creative agencies to the agreed performance criteria.
- Deputise for the Head of Marketing as needed, for example at Monthly Marketing Meetings
If the job requires a person to work in special working conditions this should be stated in the job description. Special working conditions cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, shift work, working outdoors, working with challenging clients, and so forth. Some out-of-hours working is required for events or other special circumstances.
The post holder may be asked to attend events or meetings outside of standard working hours from time to time where necessary. Time off in lieu can be taken where appropriate.
Please download the Job Description below for more information.
The successful candidate will need to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check in compliance with City Gateway’s DBS & Risk Assessment Policy.
Equality and Diversity
City Gateway is committed to equality and valuing diversity. We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.
Deadline: Wed 22nd August