Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 01227 639768
Tel: 01227 639768
Policy & Advocacy Adviser
Salary expectation: circa £43,500
Application deadline: Sun 28th June
This is a full-time role
The Policy and Advocacy Adviser will lead defined projects that progress Wellcome’s Policy & Advocacy priorities within the Mental Health arena, including delivering analysis to develop the evidence base for these. The Adviser will also influence external stakeholders in UK and internationally to support Wellcome’s positions and encourage, catalyse and promote opportunities to achieve the ambitions of the Mental Health Priority Area.
- Manages policy projects independently, or larger projects with advice and support, from inception to delivery. Overcome/manage risks in order to deliver projects to deadline and on budget.
- Monitor developments in identified areas of research/ science policy, identifying risks and opportunities for Wellcome, maintaining stakeholder relationships with experts and interested organisations on these areas and providing briefing for senior management and others in Wellcome.
- Deputise for the Policy and Advocacy Lead in internal and external meetings as required.
- Manage, develop and motivate individuals on Graduate or Internship Programmes from time-to-time.
Experience & Skills
- Experience of working on global health, public health, science or research policy issues, particularly with or within national government.
- Experience of reconciling conflicting priorities to deliver a project, ideally under time pressure.
- Experience of influencing stakeholders to contribute to policy change and preparing policy advice for senior leaders.
- Experience of work on communications and advocacy initiatives
- Able to convene and structure the work of small groups to investigate problems.
- Able to identify key considerations for a given issue or problem and establish work to determine how each should be weighted
Deadline: Sun 28th June