Email: email@example.com | Tel: 01227 781205
Tel: 01227 781205
Policy Communications Manager
Salary expectation: £41,703 to £46,936
Application deadline: Thu 15th November
This is a full-time role
Policy Communications Manager
Salary: £41,703 – £46,936
With our 70 year history, NFER is a highly respected and successful charity that carries out research within the education. Our robust and innovative research, assessment, and other services are widely known and used by government, third sector organisations, private and public companies and education sector associations. We have a reputation as an organisation that informs policy and practice, helping to ensure the best possible education for children and young people.
Policy Communications Manager is a newly created role to develop and deliver a proactive policy communications strategy aimed at raising NFER’s visibility and supporting the organisation’s position as a centre of knowledge and expertise in the education sector. The role will identify and provide support for education policy initiatives, focusing on the Foundation’s key areas of expertise and with particular focus on generating content.
As the Policy Communications Manager, you will:
• Develop and deliver the organisation’s public response and profile relating to education policy developments
• Contribute to NFER’s visibility and impact objectives through timely content creation for all communications channels
• Providing timely and appropriate internal briefings to support key staff and Senior Management Team.
To join us as a Policy Communications Manager you’ll:
• have a strong writing style with the ability to write accurately and for a variety of audiences
• be confident using social media for business
• be ability to assimilate, understand and re-present large amounts of content quickly
• have knowledge and understanding of government policy or be interested in the field and be able to demonstrate this
• Engaging communicator with excellent presentation skills, to small and large groups
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines should the business require it
We’re eager to hear from you if you’ve worked as a policy communications manager, policy manager, policy coordinator, communications manager, worked in government roles, media relations roles, content writer, blogger on policies.
What are the benefits?
– Generous pension scheme
– Free parking
– 30 days’ holiday per year plus Bank Holidays + additional discretionary days
– Excellent support for professional development
– Great work/life balance (35 hours worked per week)
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
So, if you are looking for a fresh, new challenge as a Policy Communications Manager, apply via the button shown.
Application to be submitted by midnight of the closing date 4th November
Deadline: Thu 15th November