Email: email@example.com | Tel: 01227 639768
Tel: 01227 639768
Salary expectation: £25,515
Application deadline: Tue 7th June
This is a full-time role
LGBT Foundation is looking for a Policy Coordinator to support the delivery of our policy programme. We carry out policy work that highlights LGBTQ+ people’s needs and experiences; informs stakeholders of appropriate action; and changes policy and practice to improve life for LGBTQ+ people. We believe it is important to share the work we do so that community members, researchers, professionals and policy-makers have the information they need to effectively challenge decisions that affect the lives of LGBTQ+ people.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- To write and manage LGBT Foundation’s responses to local, regional and national policy consultations
- To support the ways in which LGBT Foundation informs and influences policy formation and implementation
- To support LGBT Foundation to disseminate evidence
- To facilitate and support the Greater Manchester LGBTQ+ Equality Panel
- To support the Communications team in releasing statements and responses to UK policy developments
- To help maintain the Policy and Research section of our website
- To provide direct support to policy and research projects delivered by LGBT Foundation and on behalf of external funders and stakeholders
- To input, analyse and report on internal and external data to help inform our policy agenda
We are taking positive action to encourage applications from people of colour (PoC) and other racially minoritised communities, trans, non-binary and/or older people (aged 50+), to improve the representation of colleagues from these communities in our staff team.
* Trans is an umbrella & inclusive term used to describe people whose gender identity differs in some way from that which they were assigned at birth; including non-binary people, cross dressers and those who partially or incompletely identify with their sex assigned at birth.
Deadline: Tue 7th June