Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 01227 639768
Tel: 01227 639768
Policy and Public Affairs Manager
Location: London N1
Salary expectation: £37,500
Application deadline: Sun 28th April
This is a full-time role
Sarcoma UK’s first strategy ‘Transforming the Landscape for Sarcoma 2014 – 2020’, sets out our goals and strategic priorities including to, initiate change to raise awareness and improve care.
The Policy and Public Affairs Manager is an exciting new role at Sarcoma UK leading on the implementation of our policy and public affairs programme of activity.
Raising awareness and campaigning for better care for sarcoma patients is at the heart of our charitable objectives. Since 2014, we have run awareness campaigns, responded to NICE consultations and contributed to the development of the revised Sarcoma Service Specification.
Thanks to the amazing generosity and support of the sarcoma community, Sarcoma UK’s profile and influence has grown significantly, with income increasing to a forecasted £1.9million in 2018/19. This is an exciting time for the charity as we are undertaking a rebrand to reflect our increased reach and remit. We are establishing a formal policy and public affairs function to take an active and leading role in influencing change for sarcoma patients.
The post holder will lead on the development of the policy and public affairs function, implementing our policy priorities and developing our influencing activities. This is an ideal role for someone with a PPA background who is looking to make a big impact for people affected by sarcoma and their families.
To lead on the development of the policy and public affairs function, implementing our policy priorities and developing our influencing activities.
Working closely with the Director of Research and Policy, Chief Executive and Communications Team.
Duties and key responsibilities:
- Working with the Director of Research and Policy to proactively lead and deliver Sarcoma UK’s policy development.
- Develop evidence-based policy positions, working alongside colleagues, clinical and healthcare professionals.
- Work with other teams in the organisation to articulate and deliver communications for supporter audiences around policy work.
- Produce and deliver briefings for internal and external stakeholders on key policy issues.
- Respond to government and other sarcoma-focussed or cancer consultations.
- Support the development and delivery of integrated influencing strategies.
- To develop relationships with key influencers, including parliamentarians, civil servants and other stakeholders.
- Organise events, meetings and briefings to ensure our policy messages are communicated to external stakeholders and influencers.
- Working with the Director of Research and Policy and Communications Team to shape campaigns which are evidence based and solution-focussed.
- Ensure our supporters are regularly updated about our public affairs and campaigning activity using Communication channels and involve them where appropriate.
- To develop and maintain positive relationships with Sarcoma UK’s Policy Influencing Advisory Group to contribute to and support Policy activity.
- Identify and manage a supporter cohort to contribute to, and support Public Affairs activity.
- Represent Sarcoma UK at external Policy and Public Affairs events.
- Attend Sarcoma UK events and take part in Sarcoma UK’s wider work.
- The role will require some travel to meeting and events throughout the UK. Occasional weekend or evening work may also be required and time off in lieu will be given.
- The post holder will be working in a developing environment and will therefore be required to undertake other appropriate duties as necessary for the efficient operation of Sarcoma UK.
Deadline: Sun 28th April