Email: email@example.com | Tel: 01227 781205
Tel: 01227 781205
Public Affairs & Campaigns Adviser
Location: Regents Park, London
Salary expectation: £27,169 to £30,188
Application deadline: Sun 25th November
This is a full-time role
Reference - COM193
Full Time, Permanent
The Royal College of Physicians (RCP) is recruiting a public affairs and campaigns adviser to join its newly formed policy and campaigns team.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to work across our new policy and campaigns priorities, including the NHS workforce, public health, research and innovation, and integrated care. The successful candidate will help the RCP shape the debate and ensure the voices of our members are heard in Whitehall, Westminster and across the health sector.
• Proactively engaging with parliamentarians and senior stakeholders to promote the work of the RCP, supporting our ambition to become one of the ‘go to’ health organisations for parliamentarians.
• Monitoring the political environment to highlight potential opportunities or risks for the RCP’s work with stakeholders and parliamentarians.
• Managing the RCP’s public affairs and stakeholder engagement events, including party conferences.
• Supporting the external affairs team to create membership led advocacy actions that support RCP policy and campaigns priorities.
• Promoting the RCP’s key messages to stakeholders, including ministers, parliamentarians and leaders in healthcare, building consensus on our recommendations.
• Good communication skills and a meticulous attention to detail.
• Ability to tailor communications to a variety of different audiences.
• Good planning and organisational skills, with the ability to establish priorities and manage a busy workload.
• Committed to personal and professional development.
• Experience of working in or with a membership organisation.
You will have experience of a range of public affairs and campaigning activities, including
• organising parliamentary and party conference (or similar) events
• briefing senior stakeholders and parliamentarians on policy issues
• briefing representatives for meetings with senior stakeholders and parliamentarians
• monitoring and responding to developments in Parliament and government consultations.
Knowledge of health policy is an advantage, but is not essential. We are more interested in your first-rate communication skills and track record of successful influencing.
About the RCP and policy and campaigns team
The RCP’s core mission is to drive improvements in health and healthcare through advocacy, education and research. We have 35,000 members and fellows in the UK and internationally, spanning every career stage from medical student to consultant.
Our policy and campaigns team works across England, Wales and Northern Ireland. We work closely with our members to shape our policy positions. Our recent work includes successfully lobbying for regulation of Physician Associates, campaigning for the removal of doctors from the tier 2 visa cap and shaping the Clean Air Strategy.
For more information about the role and our benefits, please view the job description and person specification.
Interview Date: 4 December 2018
Deadline: Sun 25th November