Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 01227 639768
Tel: 01227 639768
Senior Communications Executive – Digital (9-month, possibility of extension)
Location: London, EC3R 5AZ
Salary expectation: circa £30,000
This is a full-time role
Pro rata salary based on experience
Support the transition to a more sustainable financial system through building engaging online events,
delivering social media campaigns, and developing successful strategies for generating online
The Climate Disclosure Standards Board (CDSB) is looking to hire a full-time Digital Communications Executive
for our busy international Secretariat to support the communications team in online communications
management and strategy. The position is available to start immediately and is fixed-term for 9 months, with
the possibility of extension. Secondments welcome.
Job purpose and background
CDSB is an international consortium of business and environmental NGOs. We are committed to advancing
and aligning the disclosure of environmental and climate change information in the mainstream corporate
report and provide the CDSB Framework to companies to facilitate this. Additional information about the
Climate Disclosure Standards Board and our work can be found at www.cdsb.net.
CDP hosts the CDSB Secretariat. This is a full-time role based at CDP’s London office, reporting to the CDSB
Global Communications Manager based in London, with one another team member based in Berlin.
About the role
Working in the communications team the ideal candidate will have experience supporting online events,
building social media campaigns, and developing successful strategies for generating online engagement.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to help grow the profile of an organisation that works to build the trust
and transparency needed to foster resilient capital markets and contribute to more sustainable economic,
social and environmental systems.
We are looking for a results-oriented self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and a track record in, and
passion for digital communications, strong copy writing skills, experience of online events and creative ideas
to raise our profile.
Senior Communications Executive responsibilities include
• Generating online engagement through compelling social media campaigns;
• Raising CDSB’s profile with key audiences to drive adoption of the CDSB Framework;
• Creative ideas for raising CDSB’s profile in the marketplace;
• Supporting on online events;
• Support on slide deck generation and design for events; and
• Liaising with designers to create visually engaging content.
The successful candidate will have
• 2-3 years’ experience communicating to a business audience
• Ability to process complex information and create compelling content and media articles;
• Lots of creative ideas for impactful communications;
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral;
• An understanding of and desire to work proactively to promote corporate sustainability;
• Meticulous attention to detail;
• Excellent time management skills and an ability to meet deadlines under pressure;
• Good MS Office software skills; and
• Experience managing press enquiries.
• Experience communicating to policymakers, regulators and governments;
• Knowledge of InDesign and managing content on Drupal; and
• Language skills other than English desirable though not essential.
Competitive salary based on experience, 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, generous non-contributory
pension provision, annual discretionary bonus (depending on company performance), Employee Assistance
Programme, life assurance, training and development, flexible working opportunities and other benefits.
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your
information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting
CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the UK for the term of the contract. We are not able to
sponsor this position.
The deadline for applications is 9am BST on Monday, 12. April 2021 with interviews expected to take place
on Friday, 16. April.