Email: email@example.com | Tel: 07726 562716
Tel: 07726 562716
Senior Email Marketing Officer
Salary expectation: £26,556 to £28,229
Application deadline: Thu 16th August
This is a full-time role
Senior Email Marketing Officer Role Description
The Senior Email Marketing Officer is responsible for developing and implementing an email strategy that effectively attracts and retains our supporters, energises our campaigners and fundraisers to take action, and engages the wide variety of audiences who participate in our programmes.
Sitting in the Communications team, supporting the work of the digital team and reporting to the Head of Digital Communications, this person will ensure that all outgoing email communications are audience-driven, have clear objectives, and are aligned to Stonewall’s overall business plan and brand strategy.
Key responsibilities and duties
- Development of the Stonewall email strategy and calendar, ensuring that email communications are relevant and integrated with the marketing mix, user journeys and business objectives.
- Plan, develop and implement a variety of email user journeys for different Stonewall audiences, to ensure engagement and retention across the email platform.
- Day-to-day management and execution of Stonewall’s email platform, supporting departments to deliver multiple campaigns to multiple audiences, from brief and campaign building in MailChimp to testing and deployment, ensuring attention to detail and quality controls are in place at all times.
- Ensuring that email content, copy and design is compelling and works across a range of devices and email platforms
- Work with colleagues to ensure that email communications are strategic and part of a coherent communications strategy alongside other channels (web, blog, social, press, PPC ads etc.)
- Work closely with Data Manager and team to standardise data collection and ensure adherence to data protection policies, consent and preferences, including GDPR compliance.
- Ensure audience data is extracted, managed and uploaded to MailChimp error free and using data-driven insights to personalise and improve future activity.
- Work closely with colleagues to quality assess their email builds, and keep emails optimised and performing for different Stonewall audiences
- Work with design team to optimise email user experience and create templates in line with Stonewall brand book.
- Develop ‘test & learn’ strategies for all email communications, monitoring performance and ensuring campaigns are optimised to the target audience.
- Establish email goals and metrics, communicating performance to key stakeholders on a campaign by campaign, weekly and monthly basis.
- Analyse email KPIs and apply insight for improvements to our production timelines, content and design and new opportunities to increase engagement, traffic and revenue.
- Research and recommend new opportunities for email, undertaking competitor benchmarking and activity tracking.
General responsibilities and duties
- Conduct the duties of the job description in accordance with the operational policies of Stonewall, including but not limited to the diversity policy, code of conduct, social media policy, data protection policies and other Stonewall policies.
- Maintain good working relations with all stakeholders, including staff, volunteers, Trustees, partner organisations and others.
- Contribute to the general administration and delivery of all Stonewall’s programmes, events and overall objectives.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as may be required by the role.
This is an outline role description and may be subject to change in consultation with the post holder. All people working for Stonewall are expected to commit to the aims and objectives of Stonewall and have an interest in Stonewall’s activities.
- Excellent writing and editing skills; meticulous attention to detail
- Experience producing high-performing content marketing campaigns, ideally gained within a charity or campaigning organisation.
- Experience managing amends and approval processes from peers and senior stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge and experience of database segmentation and targeting for personalisation
- Solid understanding of email KPIs and reporting tools and the ability to derive insights for the wider organisation.
- Awareness of email best practice and the latest channel marketing ideas.
- A commitment to the aims and values of Stonewall.
Deadline: Thu 16th August