Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 01227 781205
Tel: 01227 781205
Senior PR Officer (Regional Campaigns)
Salary expectation: £31,000 to £35,000
Application deadline: Wed 12th December
This is a full-time role
Are you a highly motivated, creative and experienced PR professional?
We’re looking for an innovative and adaptable individual, with significant PR experience and a proven track record in working with the regional media, to join our friendly, award-winning team.
Cancer Research UK is the world’s leading charity dedicated to beating cancer through research. People with cancer and their families are at the heart of everything we do.
About the Role
Based at our head office in London, you will play a key role in the creative and strategic planning for our Regional Media Relations Team.
You will use PR tactics, communication and forward planning skills to help develop large-scale, dynamic PR campaigns. These will be executed by our Regional Media Relations Officers based around the UK.
This is an exciting and challenging role for someone who can:
- Generate fresh ideas, write powerful press releases and find creative ways to promote our wide range of fundraising, health awareness and policy campaigns
- Work closely with marketing, fundraising and creative agencies to develop integrated campaigns
- Design media toolkits and resources for fundraisers and corporate partners
- Work closely with a wide range of stakeholders, including a team of highly experienced Regional Media Relations Officers.
For a more in depth insight into this role, please visit our website.
To take on this role you will have:
- Demonstrable PR experience, working in-house or in a PR agency.
- Experience of working with the regional media
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- A proven track record in managing PR projects, with strong organisational and planning skills
- Enthusiasm, with the ability to spot opportunities and solve problems
- Excellent relationship building skills, with the ability to build trust, motivate and influence people at all levels.
If you can do all this and more, we’d love to hear from you. We’re a supportive team, working on an extremely varied range of high profile PR campaigns including Race for Life, Stand Up To Cancer and Grand Challenge. You’ll enjoy a great career with us as we work hard to beat cancer sooner.
How to apply
Please click on the link below to access Cancer Research UK’s careers website to upload your CV.
*Please note that internally this role will be known as Senior Regional Media Relations Campaigns Officer.
At CRUK we value diversity and we’re committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that a diverse workforce will help us to beat cancer sooner.
Please note, from 2019, our head office will be relocating from Islington to a new office space in Stratford, close to the Olympic Park.
Deadline: Wed 12th December