Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 01227 639768
Tel: 01227 639768
Senior Public Affairs and Policy Manager
Location: London, Greater London
Salary expectation: up to £55,000
Application deadline: Fri 22nd October
This is a full-time role
Are you interested in helping us grow philanthropic giving to support charities in the UK and around the world? This is an exciting moment for the Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) as they embark on a new strategy with a clear goal to accelerate social progress globally. To get there, they need to ensure that the political, regulatory and wider public policy climate is aligned with our mission.
CAF is looking for an experienced public affairs and policy expert to lead our engagement in Westminster and the devolved nations with a mission to unlock funding for the charities that we exist to support.
- Influencing senior policy & decision makers in Westminster and the devolved nations to ensure an appropriate legislative and policy landscape exists for CAF’s objectives on behalf of the charity sector to be realised
- Build a strategic network of meaningful partnerships, for example with think‐tanks, umbrella organisations and public and private sector bodies which extend CAF’s capacity and influence
- Monitor changes in policy, legislation and the wider external environment, identify opportunities and provide insight and advice to internal audiences in order to inform strategies and operational decisions
- Represent CAF as required in print and broadcast media and on panels and other public-facing opportunities
- Oversee all output from the public affairs and policy team, including reports, blog posts, social media content and CAF’s Giving Thought podcast to ensure high-quality content reflects CAF as a leading voice in the sector
Key Skills Required:
- Demonstrable experience of leading a specialist public affairs team
- An excellent understanding of UK political systems and proven experience of stakeholder engagement
- An solid understanding of policy development processes
- Proven experience of working with Senior Leadership Teams.
Deadline: Fri 22nd October