Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 01227 781205
Tel: 01227 781205
Senior Social Media Officer
Salary expectation: £31,000 to £35,000
Application deadline: Thu 20th December
This is a full-time role
At CRUK we recognise the importance of social media. We want to engage with our supporters effectively in a way that is accessible to them. Our social media team contributes towards our strategy to have 3 in 4 people survive their cancer by 2034 by engaging and mobilising our social media audiences in the work of the charity and what they can to do help beat cancer sooner.
What will I be doing?
The aim of this role is to engage with Cancer Research UK’s supporters through social media, with a view to promoting participation, fundraising and loyalty. To work with internal and external partners to plan and implement integrated social media activity in line with the charity’s strategy.
Make an impact every day by…
- Developing audience-led content and campaigns for the charity’s fundraising, health, science and policy campaigns
- Day-to-day management of, and participation in, Cancer Research UK’s social media communities (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube)
- Working with internal teams on their approach to social media to meet their targets, including advising on and delivering paid social advertising campaigns (both in-house and through CRUK’s media planning agency)
- Liaise with key partners and creative agencies over the production of social media assets (including video) from briefing through to delivery, ensuring effective buy in on approach from all parties at all stages
- Develop and implement rolling content plans that align with the wider communications team’s activity
To view a full job description please click here.
Why this role?
CRUK is leading ground-breaking, life-saving research and our long-term ambition is to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured. Our social media team at Cancer Research UK takes the lead in developing exciting and innovative social media campaigns to engage supporters in its work to beat cancer sooner – from fundraising events such as Stand Up To Cancer and World Cancer Day to health awareness campaigns. As a Senior Social Media Officer you will to help create engaging, creative content that educates people about the work we do to beat cancer and inspires them to get involved in our work.
What skills are you looking for?
You’ll be able to bring to the role…
- Extensive experience in social media, ideally from an agency or charity organisation
- Experience in paid social media campaigns
- Strong copywriting skills
- Previous experience of a major consumer-facing brand is very beneficial
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to develop effective relationships
If you can do all this and more, you’ll enjoy a great career as we work hard to beat cancer.
At CRUK we value diversity and we’re committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that a diverse workforce will help us to beat cancer sooner.
Please note, from 2019, our head office will be relocating from Islington to a new office space in Stratford, close to the Olympic Park.
Deadline: Thu 20th December