Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 01227 639768
Tel: 01227 639768
Strategic Communications Director
Location: Home-based until Covid-19 restrictions lift. Then approximately one day a week in Global Canopy’s office in central Oxford.
Application deadline: Mon 13th July
This is a full-time role
Global Canopy is an innovative environmental organisation that targets the market forces driving two thirds of tropical deforestation worldwide.
The Right Ethos is undertaking a search on behalf of Global Canopy for a Strategic Communications Director to lead the communications team bringing vision and expertise. You will provide leadership to the strategy and implementation of our programme communications, as well as enhancing the reach, reputation and impact of the organisation.
The Strategic Communications Director is accountable for all aspects of Global Canopy’s communications: leading and implementing our global communications and content strategy, leading a cross-programmatic communications team, and enhancing the reach and reputation of the organisation and its work.
The key responsibilities are :
- To build out a world-class communications function with a focus on content strategy, content production and content marketing.
- To effectively lead, manage, coach and mentor a team of 5 to provide the vision, ambition and drive to take brilliant data and turn it into impactful insights that drives change.
- To lead the transformation into an organisation that uses data to achieve impact. To turn data into insights that can drive uptake and impact.
- To develop a culture of communications at the centre of everything we do and foster a culture of creativity and impact, support and mentor the team, and work in close collaboration with other departments and partner institutions
- To play a leading role in setting the culture of the organisation and modelling Global Canopy’s values with shared responsibility for organisational capability and ensuring that the organisation continues to evolve.
To be successful in this role, these are the things that will matter most:
- Influencing – excellence in using communications as part of an outreach strategy where impact is achieved through behaviour change among key audiences and networks.
- Content strategy – ability to lead and oversee a research/data-driven content strategy, with experience of content commissioning, production and marketing.
- Experienced senior manager – track record of building, developing, and managing diverse and high-performing teams, including in a matrix arrangement.
- Sector expertise – track record in relevant sectors such as sustainability, climate change, and international development; and with target groups including companies, financial institutions, governments, civil society and the media.
Deadline: Mon 13th July