Email: email@example.com | Tel: 01227 781205
Tel: 01227 781205
Location: London E2
Salary expectation: £56,448 to £59,976
This is a full-time role
Full time or 4 days a week
Forward Action is looking for a Strategy Director to join our innovative and fast-moving team. You will play a key leadership role in our organisation as it grows, devising strategy that helps our progressive clients hit their digital goals and testing out innovations to ensure we remain thought-leaders in the digital campaigning space. You’ll also be involved in turning your strategies into reality, managing the execution of projects and providing direction to our copywriting, design and development teams.
If you’re passionate about making the world a better place, enjoy executing innovative work that delivers measurable results, and know how to plan digital campaigns that motivate people to act, this job is for you.
This is a permanent role, with the freedom to work both in our London office and remotely anywhere in the UK (with some travel to London for meetings). You can work either four or five days per week.
Who we are
Forward Action is a full service digital agency for progressive causes. We come up with ideas for campaigns that get results, then do the work to create them. We have been in the engine room of some of the most successful election and charity digital campaigns of the last few years, helping our clients add millions of new supporters to their email lists, raise more money online (from more donors) and create campaigns that have led to real-world change.
Our clients are some of the most exciting and impactful organisations in campaigning, including Greenpeace, The ONE Campaign, Amnesty International, WaterAid, The Labour Party and SumOfUs.
What you’ll do as part of our team
- Devise digital campaign and fundraising strategies that help our clients hit their goals – for example, mobilising supporters to join an email list, give a donation, or put pressure on a campaign target
- Manage projects from conception through to build and analysis, ensuring work is always delivered on time and to an exceptional standard
- Lead concept generation and prototyping processes for the digital engagement tools Forward Action is well known for (example here)
- Liaise with clients via email, Trello, video calls, and in-person meetings
- Helping maintain our culture of testing and innovation to make sure we’re always improving the work we do
- Help manage the workload of our creative and development teams, and line manage one or more team members
- Attend brainstorming and planning meetings with clients and generate ideas for new tactics
- Give feedback to our creative team on copy, designs, and site wireframes
- Help conduct strategic reviews for clients
Benefits and location
Pro Rata Salary: Depending on your level of experience, £56,448 – £59,976 if you live inside London, £50,400 – £53,550 (plus £3,000 expense allowance for travel into/accommodation in London) if you live outside. Every year you work with us, your salary will increase by inflation plus £1,764 in London/£1,575 outside London.
Contract Term: This is a permanent contract. This role can be either full time or four days a week.
Location: In our Hoxton office, with the option to work remotely. Ensuring our team is open to people who live outside London and enabling staff to work flexibly are important values to us, so you’ll have the freedom to work from home regularly. Most of our meetings are held via video conferencing, but you will occasionally need to attend meetings with clients in London – once every week-to-two weeks on average.
Holiday: 25 days/year (pro rata) plus a week off between Christmas and New Year.
Why work at Forward Action?
Our values are critical to us: we will only work with causes that make the world a better place. You will get to work with some of the most inspiring and impactful organisations in the sector, and spend your days helping win progress on everything from climate change to clean water.
You will be working at the cutting edge of digital campaigning. We recognise that what we do can always be tested and improved, so we constantly pursue innovation. We are an agile, fast-moving team, and you will have the opportunity to rapidly develop and expand your skills and experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to giving equal opportunities to everyone who applies for this role. Our team is open, inclusive, friendly, respectful and kind.
Abilities and experience you’ll need to have
- 5+ years experience working in digital campaigning and/or digital fundraising
- Experience managing projects
- Experience planning digital strategy to hit measurable goals
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Good organisation and attention-to-detail
- Enthusiasm for thinking creatively and coming up with new ideas
- Being comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Dedication to helping build a fairer, more progressive society
- Fluency in spoken and written English
We also love a quick learner. We don’t expect you to know or have done everything when you start – we’ll be looking for you to pick up new skills and knowledge quickly, then run with them.
Abilities and experience that are nice to have
We know it’s not possible for any applicants to have all these skills – it’s likely you’ll be able to bring 3 – 6 of the following to our team:
- Experience planning supporter email journeys
- Experience running and/or executing Facebook advertising campaigns
- Experience with both digital campaigning and digital fundraising
- Experience working in the charity sector
- Experience working at an agency
- Experience editing copy for emails/digital ads/websites
- A solid understanding of online user experience (e.g. how to lay out a web page to improve conversion rates)
- Experience with line management and leading a team
- Experience running search ads
- Experience running display ads
- Experience overseeing development projects
- Knowledge of how to plan a fair A/B experiment
- Experience working with designers
How to apply
To apply for this job, please complete the form here: https://airtable.com/shrEmNPS7OgjJ0lQ4
We run an anonymised application procedure to ensure our hiring process is as fair as possible. So please remove your name and contact information from your CV before uploading it, and only enter these details in the online form.
To apply, you will need to include:
- your CV (with name and contact details removed)
- up to 250 words explaining why you want this job and how you’re suited to the role
- up to 300 words answering this question: “When it comes to digital campaigns and fundraising, what are the greatest challenges and opportunities facing the third sector?”
Applications close end of day Sunday 4 November. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a set of online tasks from home – this can be any time that works for you during w/c 12th November. Based on the tasks, a small number of candidates will be asked to attend an interview on 26th or 27th November (either in person in London or via a video call). This may then be followed by a second round of interviews.
If you have any questions about the role or the hiring process, you can contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.