Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 01227 639768
Tel: 01227 639768
Location: Home working
Salary expectation: £33,491 to £38,779
Application deadline: Sun 16th August
This is a full-time role
SumOfUs is looking for three digital campaigners to help us win campaigns against corporations behaving badly. If you
love fighting for change, if you are excited about global economic justice, and if you are hungry to experiment with
technology to change the world, then this might be the role for you.
These roles will primarily focus on curbing the abuse of corporate power in the United Kingdom, France, Germany and at
the EU level and will report to our regional campaigns leaders respectively. Our members power our work and we put
them at the center of everything we do. These roles will be responsible for identifying impactful campaigns, developing
winning tactics and leveraging our member’s power to create fundamental shifts in corporate behaviour and to reshape
the global economy for the benefit of people and the planet.
Two of these roles require fluency (written and oral) in German or French. All of these roles require familiarity with the
political and corporate landscapes in the UK, France or Germany, depending on the region you are applying to work
These positions are remote and can be undertaken by anyone between GMT -1 (North Africa) and GMT +2
A bit about us
SumOfUs is a global movement of consumers, investors, and workers standing together to hold corporations
accountable for their actions and forge a new and sustainable path for our global economy. We are a movement of
more than 15 million people, brought together by a global team of 35 campaigners, fundraisers, and operations staff
who are passionate about creating a more caring, equitable society.
We are aiming to fundamentally reshape the global economy to put people and planet over profit, but we know we can
not do it alone. We build partnerships with on-the-ground activists and organisers, and we follow their lead. We
innovate, experiment and embrace professional and organizational growth. We invest in people and we invest in how
we work, because our vision calls on us to build the most effective, global, diverse, and talented team possible.
We highly value a diverse team and an equitable work environment where every member of our team is set up to thrive.
We have taken steps to nurture this environment including an Anti-Oppression Leadership Team that leads work to
transform injustice within the organization. We expect all team members to take responsibility for co-creating an equitable work community where
everyone is able to do impactful, world-changing work. We offer benefits including additional sick days for parents and
caregivers, flexible working hours, and professional development stipends. We review our policies and practices for
equity frequently. We recruit and encourage people identifying with marginalized communities to apply.
What you’ll do as part of our team
• Identify, research and develop campaigns targeting corporations in your assigned region, across Europe and
Write and edit (and/or translate) compelling emails to engage and mobilize our members to take action,
fundraise, and build our power in Europe
• Lead on 2 campaigns at a time (on average) and collaborate within your regional team and with other campaigns
teams, along with our fundraising and product teams
• Identify and develop fundraising opportunities to raise money to grow our movement and create real-world
• Collaborate with partners and coalitions around campaign opportunities, manage relationships, and advance
• Draft a press release and (with support and training) pitch reporters to cover our campaigns; and
• Assist with managing our membership lists, including monitoring and interpreting how people engage with the
emails we send, if the emails are effective in generating action or raising money, and if the email list is growing.
Skills and experiences you’ll need to bring:
We have no formal education requirements – if you can meet the responsibilities of the role and are willing to grow,
that’s all that matters.
All roles at SumOfUs require you to be:
• Dedicated to building a fairer and more sustainable global economy;
• Able to write 1-2 impactful and compelling emails to our English member list per week (English is our primary
• Able to demonstrate a commitment to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive work community; and
• Able to work remotely (SumOfUs provides funds to set-up a home office or to work from a co-working space).
And, this role in particular will require you to:
• Be able to identify and develop inspiring and impactful campaigns;
• Have excellent writing and storytelling skills with a solid understanding of campaigning;
• Have an understanding of political process and how change happens on this level (particularly in the UK,
France, Germany or European Union – you will likely have an understanding of 1 or 2 of these regions);
• Be keen to learn and develop new skills, be flexible and solutions oriented;
• Be fluent in either French or German (depending on the region you apply to work within).
We know that no one can possibly have all these skills and experiences – you will likely be able to bring 2 or 3 of the
following to our team:
• Strong relationship building skills, able to forge and manage relationships with people and organizations working
on similar issues or projects;
• Understand basic data analysis;
• Experience designing and running experiments and A/B tests;
• Experience in working with media (eg with writing press releases and doing interviews)
• Experience with market campaigns, shareholder activism, or corporate accountability issues;
• Experience in working with politics (decision makers).
How to apply
We don’t find cover letters particularly helpful in seeing how someone might fit a role. Instead, use the form below to
upload your resume and a PDF document with
your answers to the following three questions in English:
• Why are you applying for this job? (suggested word limit: 200);
• Name two campaigns you think SumOfUs should be running (suggested word limit: 300 words each). One
campaign should be something you think is going to engage all of our members around the world, and one
campaign should be something you think will engage our members in the region (France, Germany, UK) that you
would like to work in. Make sure to include the target of the campaigns and the “ask”. Check out examples of
our campaigns at sumofus.org/campaigns for inspiration;
• List which of the “BIG PLUS” qualifications above you believe you bring to your work at SumOfUs, with a few
words of explanation.
Applications close 11:59 pm CET on August 16. Applications are only accepted through our website
Compensation is competitive and will be determined based on a combination of experience, seniority, and where you
live. (For some context: this position in London would pay £33,491 – £38,779 and in Berlin would pay between €34,384 –
€39,813 per year depending on experience and seniority; the compensation level will be adjusted in other regions based
on cost of living.)
SumOfUs is a fully remote and distributed team, as such we offer stipends to offset cell phone and internet costs. We
offer stipends to set-up home offices or to rent space in a coworking environment. We offer five weeks paid vacation
(plus additional sick leave and all major public holidays off and 6 months paid parental leave), contributions to
retirement, and the ability to work from home and work with a degree of flexibility outside our core hours of operation.
We cover private health insurance premiums for employees and dependents who live in countries without public
insurance. We are happy to answer any questions you have about our leave policies and other, similar benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and are committed to racial equity and social justice.
Deadline: Sun 16th August