Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 01227 639768
Tel: 01227 639768
Location: Home-based London
Salary expectation: £35,525 pro rata
Application deadline: Sun 31st January
This is a part-time role
We are looking for a Communications Coordinator with a strong passion and commitment to social and environmental justice to join our team. You will be an accomplished communicator able to convey the Rainforest Foundation UK’s unique approach to different audiences in a way that compels them to act. This is a unique opportunity to join an organisation working at the nexus of human rights and tropical forest protection.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Communications Coordinator will be responsible for communicating our work to a range of stakeholders.
1. Strategy, planning and brand
- Implement RFUK’s media and communications strategy and work plan and responsible for delivering the relevant targets.
- Set out annual Communications and PR budget and monitor its expenditure.
- Ensure that all external and internal communications are consistent with RFUK’s brand guidelines and organisational messaging.
- Support the Programmes team to create quality content and publications, liaising with external design agencies and suppliers and disseminating these to identified target audiences.
- Ensure that written and image content of RFUK’s website and social media channels is fresh, engaging, accurate and up to date.
- Working with others, lead initiatives to increase traffic to RFUK’s website and social media platforms, monitor their use and make recommendations for improvement.
- Produce and disseminate fundraising and campaign materials, including supporter newsletters.
3. Press and PR
- Support public awareness of RFUK’s programmes, campaigns, partnerships and fundraising with appropriate media outreach, including writing content for press releases and other materials as and when required.
- Develop and maintain a press engagement strategy: analyse trends in press and media coverage and proactively identify and sell RFUK stories with media value, disseminating them and following up as appropriate.
- Cultivate new and foster existing relations with key contacts in the print, digital and audio-visual media.
- Maintaining RFUK media impact log and media distribution lists.
- Organise and manage RFUK’s audio-visual materials’ library including digital and printed images, film and video as appropriate.
- Work collaboratively to develop and maintain a bank of appropriate case stories, quotes and messages so that information disseminated to supporters remains new, fresh and motivating.
- Maintain distribution lists, ensuring GDPR compliance.
- With the Operations Manager, ensure effective internal communications including by providing weekly press summaries.
- Where necessary, support other staff through the provision of training in media and communications techniques.
- Recruit and manage volunteers to support media and communications as necessary.
- To carry out any other duties from time to time, as determined by the Executive Director.
Deadline: Sun 31st January