Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 01227 639768
Tel: 01227 639768
Salary expectation: £28,000
Application deadline: Sun 3rd December
This is a part-time role
The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) is the membership organisation and professional voice for environmental health. We set and raise standards to improve public health, supporting out members and influencing policy.
Our goal is simple: to enable safer, cleaner, and healthier environments for the benefits of people, business and local communities. To do this we offer professional support to our members, a range of corporate training solutions, topical events and workshops and provide information and policy advice. In addition, we promote 15Hatfields – one of London’s most sustainable venues.
The role of the Policy Officer is to provide support to the policy and campaigns team and to work across the Environmental Health Directorate to coordinate activities as directed. Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Planning and organisation in conjunction with the Policy and Campaigns Manager
- Providing business support to the Executive Director of Environmental Health in respect of diary planning and internal/external stakeholder relationships and across the directorate to ensure seamless cover across relevant projects.
- Support in collating information which feeds into CIEH policy documents such as consultation responses, policy position statements, parliamentary briefings, press releases etc.
- Horizon scanning and reporting on policy developments and potential opportunities for policy developments.
- Providing a link between policy work and events/conferences team in order to create content based on policy outputs and vice-versa
- Providing reports against KPIs
- Providing a monthly report on policy and events activities to support reporting from the directorate
This is a role for someone who is keen and eager to start their professional journey in policy and external affairs with the aptitude and attitude to move up within the directorate.
The role is remote/hybrid, with travel to CIEH’s offices in central London for team meetings alongside any additional wider organisational events.
Deadline: Sun 3rd December