Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 01227 637293
Tel: 01227 637293
Senior Campaigns Manager
Location: Central London
Salary expectation: £43,260
Application deadline: Tue 19th June
This is a full-time role
Mencap are seeking a new Senior Campaigns Manager
We work in partnership with people with a learning disability, and all our services support people to live life as they choose. If you want a purposeful role – to do something really meaningful, we at Mencap, can give you that. You’ll have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and campaigner.
Our work includes;
• providing high-quality, flexible services that allow people to live as independently as possible in a place they choose
• providing advice through our help lines and web sites
• campaigning for the changes that people with a learning disability want
This year, Mencap launched its first ‘signature campaign’ – a new concept where we design and implement an internally and externally high profile three-year campaign reaching across and beyond the Mencap family, including engaging our 8,000 staff and the 10,000 people we support.
This Senior Campaigns Manager role is not only an exciting opportunity for an experienced and innovative campaigner to take a leading role in Mencap’s campaigns, but it is also a critical role in making our amazing campaigns a success.
You will be responsible for overseeing the creation and delivery of Mencap’s signature campaigns. Currently this includes leading Mencap’s exciting Treat Me Well campaign where the people with a learning disability we support, their family, carers, our staff and volunteers are our core campaigners and at the heart of Mencap’s campaigns.
You will be a strong, visible influencer and networker. You will work collaboratively across Mencap to ensure we are campaigning on issues that matter to people with a learning disability and their families, and that our campaigns fully involve and are led by people with a learning disability. You must ensure that national and local campaigns activity is aligned to maximise the impact of our campaigns.
The Senior Campaigns Manager will line-manage the Regional Campaigns Manager (who manages 3 campaigns officers) and a Campaigns Assistant, ensuring they achieve within their roles. You will be a leader, a role model and a spokesperson, ensuring that we are always at the top of our campaign game.
We are looking for someone with previous experience of:
- Being a campaigns expert
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Project management and behaviour change
- Designing, delivering and overseeing local and national campaigns
- Excellent communication, presentation, negotiation & organisational skills
- Being a motivator and able to manage a team
- Using evaluation and monitoring frameworks effectively
Although having the right skills and knowledge is important to us, it is also essential that you match our 5 values – Positive, Challenging, Caring, Inclusive and Trustworthy.
The role is based in our London office (EC1Y), and a willingness to travel across the UK is essential to meet the needs of campaigns. We can be flexible with working time arrangements such as some working from home etc.
If you feel that you are ready for a new challenge and will succeed in the Senior Campaigns Manager role, please apply using a full up-to-date CV and covering letter.
Strong leadership is key to the success of Mencap. We have developed an exciting leadership approach at Mencap that we call Our Leadership Way. We want to recruit leaders who can demonstrate they have the potential to excel within this framework. In return we are committed to developing your potential even further.
Our Chief Executive, Jan Tregelles, has this to say about Our Leadership Way
“Through your leadership, you have influence over whether someone’s day at work is interesting and inspiring or, conversely, boring and indifferent. Your actions (or inaction) can develop someone into an asset for Mencap and the people we support or a liability. Your leadership can challenge the powerful people or systems that get in the way of people having fair chances,or it can shy away from confrontation. Leadership is powerful–for good and worse, and that’s why this is so important.
We’re all here for the same reason–to change the lives of people with a learning disability.
Our big plan sets out exactly how we are going to do this. But ifwe’regoing to succeed, we need strongleaders. For more information, please see the attached document which provides an overview of Our Leadership Way.”
- 24 days’ holiday (exclusive of Bank holidays) increasing to 27 days’ with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Eligibility to join Mencap Pension Plan where Mencap matches contributions upto 5% on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Membership of Mencap Pension Plan to include up to 3 times salary death in service life cover AND Income Protection of 50% salary to be triggered at 26 weeks of long term sickness*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
Deadline: Tue 19th June